Monday 14 February 2011

A Quick Hello from DJK

A quick hello. Hello.
I’ve started this blog page as a place to talk in some detail about the scratch built models I’ve building for some of our fantasy role play games. In most cases I try to build using as much recycled materials as possible.

If you follow Big Lee’s blog (http://bigleesminipaintingblog.blogspot.com/) you will already have seen some of the models as he featured them a while back.
Here I will go into more detail regarding how some of the older models were made, along with details on new projects I’m working on.
I won’t be such a regular poster as Big Lee, but I’ll try to keep a regular update on projects as they come along.
I started this as a hobby back in the late 1980s, when I followed the plans printed in Games Workshop’s White Dwarf magazine to build the coaching inn. There followed a few articles on scratch building models and scenic material – these were well written and very detailed so that anyone with no previous experience could follow them.
After discovering that, hey I could do this, I started to make my own designs based on photos. Hence along came the water mill, and the stone circle (although I’ll confess here that the stone circle was made to use up an excess of wall filler that I had mixed up and didn’t want to see go to waste.)





I’ll be back soon with details of the rustic old town being built from old wooden coffee sticks, and the rock / stone town currently under construction for our latest game.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogoverse! Excellent first post, looks like this'll be a winner. I'll post a link to your blog on my blog later today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard aswell, good stuff you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of Blogging.

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any chance you have the plans for the coach and horse inn, I used to have it and built it when i was younger, could you scan it and possibly send me them please thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jamescuk - at the moment I've misplaced that issue, which is annoying as I've been wanting to check something in that issue myself. I have some of the other issues with good modelling articles from that period. I'll update again when I do finally find it, I'm guessing I put it somewhere safe.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.