Sunday 2 October 2011

Model Work in October Sunshine

We’ve had some very unseasonal weather in London and the South of England this week, which meant that at the start of October I’m working outside with sun block on, and the shade up building models. It’s was reported that yesterday was the hottest October day on record. I managed to get some model work done today. Here’s a quick update, it’s good to be back on the model work.

The coffee stick house built from the recycled boxes is now fully covered in sticks, and has been given a black undercoat.


Zandina’s house, which can be used as a mansion or manor house has been quite well built up today. The last of the wood work has been added, and the base and front towers have been built using the DAS putty to form stone based front, the rest of the panels were again built with wall filler


I also managed to get some decoration on one of the graveyard panels.


5 comments:

  1. Those all look great -- can't wait to see the final products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, these buildings are amazing. I'll have to swing by your place soon and take a look at them in person!

    BTW I have a bag of 'bits' for you. I've been sorting out loads of stuff to either sell or throw and I ended up with a bag of stuff that I thought you may be able to make use of. I'll put them aside for you and you can collect them when you come round for the game Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking bit of house building!!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! This is why I like reading your blog, you have always such great ideas to try. I love the way the stonework came out on Zandina's. I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buildings but it's been too hot especially yesterday, I had to wring my underwear out...twice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.