Thursday 31 December 2015

Happy New Year

More boxes from America
Before the sun sets on 2015 and the year is shoved off into the archives of history, I thought I’d give a quick update on progress for the latest models in the coffee stick ghost town. 

To avoid making this post too picture heavy I have set up another page with some more photos which can be accessed here.


Just before I finished work for the Christmas holiday a couple more boxes were added to my collection by work colleagues, you’ll notice alongside the Twinkies are now Ho Hos and Ding Dongs. 


Christmas boxes added
Christmas itself gave a couple of interesting boxes which I’ll be using in the New Year on new models.

This pate box will be used for a roof piece of some kind.

I got a little time to work on the three models in progress, these have now reached a finished state as far as the shape and applying the sticks are concerned. 

WIP: boxes being turned inside out




They need to be rubbed down with sandpaper then painted; I think I’ll save this for the spring when it will be more comfortable working outside to sand the models. In the meantime I’ll add a couple more to the collection.




WIP: adding tube supports
before closing up


I would also like to thank everyone who downloaded a copy of 
Karl – Birth of Mystery during the period we set the book free on Amazon’s Kindle bookshop. I hope you enjoy it and if so please leave a review to help others find the adventure.

That only leaves me to wish all readers of the blog a Happy New Year.





And some early shots of the basic boxes joined for the next couple of models. 
Still need to add extra shaping to the roof areas.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.