Monday 28 November 2011

Lighting Up

Lighting Up For Christmas

At the weekend I was in a few of the various Pound (and just under the Pound) Stores in Romford, when I came across some battery operated LED Christmas lights. 

They came in two colours, white and red. The white takes 3xAAA batteries where as the red works from 2xAA batteries. I thought these would be ideal to give the occasional lighting effect on some models, as you can easily hide the control boxes and wires.





This was just a quick test run using one of the wooden huts with one previously blacked out window replaced with an opaque plastic window. Here is the house with the white, red and no lights...




... plus a quick video switching between them as I ran the wires out of the open door.


The red certainly suggests a warm fire glow.


1 comment:

  1. Very nice. That's a great find. I want to do some interior lighting in a couple of modern multi-story buildings for zombie gaming. I think you answered my lighting question. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.