Monday 28 January 2013

These coffee sticks are everywhere.


I’ve let things slip recently as far as the model making has been concerned, and suddenly I found myself swamped with coffee sticks.
 
This weekend saw a mass washing and cleaning session, but without the warm sunny days of summer I now have coffee sticks drying all around the kitchen.
 
I’m going to start a quick knock them together project to build a couple of old shacks, mainly to get some used up. Working on models like this they can be as rustic as they like.
 
 
 
 
I’ve used foam board this time for the frame work rather than recycled card boxes, mainly because the foam board will be sturdier, and thus easier and quicker to complete.



2 comments:

  1. I love coffee sticks... As well as their modelling applications I use them for mixing glue and paint, as armatures for holding models while I paint, as drying racks for painted mini's and as stands on which to spray varnish finished figures so they don't stick to the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'd like to see those drying racks in action.

      Delete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.