Monday 14 January 2013

Monkey Business

In my last post I mentioned the influx of non festive post that I had received, along with the somewhat lacking level of customer service I had received. That level of poor customer service continues into the New Year, so don't be surprised when in the near future I rant again. However, one of the other letters I did receive was a begging letter from a monkey named Joey.
 
As readers of my semi-regular missive may recall I occasionally visit Cornwall, earlier last year I was down there whilst working on the Karl novels. During this trip I visited the "The Monkey Sanctuary", along with some friends who already sponsor a monkey or two there.

The letter I received was well written, in fact many humans could take a lesson or two from Joey's writing style, grammar and use of punctuation.

Joey, as seen on wildfutres.org

Joey is a Capuchin monkey who was taken from the wild at three months old, kept in atrocious conditions at a pet, which resulted in him being permanently disabled. He was rescued by 'Wild Futures' who run the Monkey Sanctuary in Looe where he was nursed back to health, but he will always need care along with many other monkeys that were rescued from similar fates and cannot be returned to the wild.

Stephen Fry tells Joey's story much better than I could here in the video recorded for the sanctuary, and available to view on their website.
 
I have supposedly saved myself a small sum of money from my recent move of services, (not a headline saving as some money advice sites would trumpet) but that was not the driving force for the move. So I've decided to use some of these funds for the adopt Joey scheme.

You can follow @wildfutures on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.