Sunday 17 July 2011

Rain Stop Blog

The blog I was going to put up tonight has been postponed, not because of a public media enquiry but because of the weather. The work on a base for the cottage pub has been ruined by the rain.

Today we had moments of brilliant scorching sun shine and heavy downpours. At one moment when the sun was at its best I put the base work out to dry, got distracted and was unable to get the base in when a heavy thunderstorm hit. My gut feeling is it is two days work in the bin. I’m going to let it dry out and see if it is salvageable but I don’t hold out much hope. 

Sorry to sound so negative.


On a positive note, one of the country cottages got to feature in our game on Friday, hence the hurriedly posted Gallery Page, to allow our GM to pick the cottage he wanted. If you’re curious to know which one featured I’m sure BigLee will have a game write up soon with photos.


I’ll also very soon be featuring some of the figures I use when setting layouts, these all have very specific characters, either characters I’ve played or characters from Karl – Birth of Mystery. What I would like is help indentifying the origin of some of the figures, some I know, some I’ve acquired, lost original packaging and adopted them. It would be nice to tie back to who made them and who or what they were originally. More of that later. I'll feature them one or two at a time in later postings.

5 comments:

  1. The weather was shocking at the weekend, spent most of it wet and not the good wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. Many a time I've sprayed something only to have to dash out to save it from the rain. Soul destroying. Chin up sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, sorry to hear about the base. That suck. I hope it will be salvageable. Those cottages look great. Your midieval builds got me inspired to get going on Mordheim again. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One question, why was the base outside???
    That rain looks pretty heavy!!!
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Paul,
    The weather cleared up and it was brilliant sunshine and very hot. The base was put outside to dry (I had just covered it with Woodland's Talus rock debris) whilst I had lunch. There was not a cloud in the sky at that point. So all was good. Then hell broke loose. The film clip was made after.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.