Wednesday 29 June 2011

Town Houses

Lincoln as Inspiration


Here are a few photos taken last year in Lincoln. These show some of the old style timber frame buildings which I’m aiming to achieve in look for my medieval houses. 




This is going to be the style of most of the buildings that I’ve used in the book Karl – Birth of Mystery.

In my previous posting I showed a couple of buildings which I’ve been working on, these are a couple of general buildings.

I’m also going to add a few more buildings based on the book from the main town that features in the book, these are a tavern (“The Ship & Hankor”), a row of narrow shops (which will include “Axilion Trade”), and a larger than average house where Karl’s grandmother (Zandina) lives when in town and practicing her medicinal skills.





I’ve started to build Zandina’s house, already. I have the basic foam board shell, and I’ve added two toilet rolls on the front to form bay fronts. I’ve been trying to work out what I could do with the inside tubes from toilet rows for some time.

In these two tubes I put two folds in to flatten one side in each in order to stick them to the building, then folded down the tops to form pointed attic rooms. 

5 comments:

  1. Pictures are great, so much timber on these buildings. Great inspiration, I really like the ones with crossing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic gives me a good idea for a house...thanks
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh!!? After posting the pics of your build showed up!. So now I can say "looking good" :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.