Stitching, Crafting & Writing - a busy March
The last few updates have concentrated on the Doctor Who Tapestry. I've been keeping a record of how long the work on the ancient one and the background area for him has taken based upon the playing time of the audio books I have been listening to whilst stitching.
The previous post had the time at 43 hours 20 minutes. Additional work undertaken since then.
I completed most of the work on the Ancient One whilst listening to the first of the two new Target Novelisation Audio books: The TV Movie & Dalek a total of 9 ¾ hours. Then I moved on to the background. Backgrounds need to be simple, so I’m going for the green gas cloud that was used to kill the Ancient One at the end. This also includes binding the edge of the material. This takes some time. This was started listening to the other new novelisation audio books: The Crimson Horror and the Witchfinders.
Doctor Who – The TV Movie by Gary Russell
After another 8 ½ hours of the latest Big Finish Doctor Who releases.
Doctor Who – The Lost Stories 6.1 Return of the Cybermen
Doctor Who – The Lost Stories 6.2 The Doomsday Contract
Bringing the time spent on this one character to over 61½ hours so far.
Building the Gateway
This has taken a backseat over the last couple of months again, but I have managed to make a little progress as the below photos will show. The left side now has basic wood and Daz clay coverage. I will get the basic coverage done before trying to clean up and add any details.
All I will say is that work on the new werewolf trilogy is going well, we are proofreading book two and I’m making final edits to the text for book three.
Book three has had some additional writing added to it, so I returned to the original notebooks, pulled out the pencils and got scribbling.
First draft is always handwritten in pencil. This filled the second skull book that was used for book three so I had to take up a new notebook, not having another of the skull books I found this nice little denim covered book in my collection of notebooks to use for the next 20K or so words.
Hopefully, I’ll be revealing more details of this project soon.