Sunday 1 April 2012

Up on the Roof

The sun is up,
The sky is blue,
The garden’s a mess,
But I’ve a back ache too.

With the weather having taken a change for spring, I really should have spent today mowing the lawn and getting the garden back into some semblance of order, but the old back is still playing up. I hope to see a physio next week to have my legs twisted and my spine pulled in such a way as only they can. I’ve had it done in the past and it really helps, so I hope that come the Easter weekend I’ll be in a better shape to get the garden challenge done. Watch this space, or twitter because I’ll probably be calling for someone to come and find me lost in the long grass.



Anyway with the sun out and not too strong, I took  the opportunity to sit in the garden with the sun warming my back (see purely medicinal you understand) I got the chimneys added to Zandina’s house using some plastic spongy packing covered in the ready mixed wall filler. I had tried to find my foam board off cuts but they’re buried somewhere at the moment – spring clean certainly needed inside as well as out at the moment – so I used this packing stuff instead, cutting two rectangular blocks which I then cut triangles out so that they fitted over the roof.  I glued them on then covered, after a while, with the ready mix filler. Once I had allowed that to go off I finished tiling with small cut squares of card to finish the roof. To cap the tiles I used thinly rolled snakes of the wall filler and pressed them down along the top edges. Once this has dried I will forge ahead with the clean up before under coating the whole model.

 





Just a quick note as well this week to other Doctor Who fans, this week’s issue of Doctor Who Adventures comes with an assortment of monster figures, some not having been released before. This looks like a mini selection box, and I’m sure from their rubbery texture they all have soft centres.

You’ve got the 5 coloured Daleks
Judoon, Ood, Silurian, Cyberman & Sontaran
2x Weaping Angels, Med Bot, Silent and Minotaur.

6 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what number is that issue of DWA ? i'm trying to order it from France and it's quite difficult on the website.

    Thanks in advance.

    nikko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi nikko,
      I will check the details when I get home tonight, and post full issue number and cover dates. If you're ordering because of the figures I will also list a couple of other recent back issues that have had these rubbery figure sets on the covers for you.

      regards
      djk

      Delete
  2. You're the best :)

    And you're 200% right, i'm a big fan of Who (i was wearing converse, bowtie and a Sonic screwdriver for my wedding and had a live sized cardboard dalek on the photoweddingstudio) and i want those figs so bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikko, sounds like a great wedding, were any of the other guests dressed up? You could have had a wedding photo something like when the Doctor was dragged to the Pandorica.

      I've posted the full details of the latest issues with these figures that were published here this year. The cover price of the most recent has gone up. This should be enough info to track these down, I hope, I've also put slightly larger photos on this posting if you click on them.

      All the best
      djk

      Delete
  3. Thanks for all, it was a nice wedding and we ask people to wear at least converse and we did super hero paper mask for the photobooth.

    Two days after with my wife we did our weddig couple picture in the old monument and semi-castle in our city, playing Dr Who in the stone stairs.

    She's a fan of Dr Who too, i'm very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you might need to cut the lawn... maybe next weekend... or the weekend after that? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.