Sunday 26 April 2020

#Lockdown modelling part three


Some of my modelling time was snatched away from me when I discovered that the shed was collapsing.

My first foray into the shed this year, more than just grabbing something from just inside the door, revealed a staggering hole in the side and roof. I think it may be beyond repair, I've had to salvage what I can.


However, during times when I wasn’t sorting or drying stuff out I managed to progress some more with my city gateway model, the main focus of which had been how I could use that tissue box.


Many small boxes have now been inverted, re-glued and strengthened with tubes, packing tape rolls, toilet roll tubes or rolls of paper and newspaper.



If you are going to roll newspaper I found keeping it folded and rolling towards the folded edge easier, it is easier to glue this end down rather than a lot of flapping pages. Use elastic bands to hold the roll together whilst it dries then cut to lengths as required.

So here we go, almost time to think about last minute gaps and shaping the roof sections. After that the fun really begins getting the wood and stone work on.


I’ve also salvaged the bottom of two meat trays that I want to use to make the cobbled tiles for the roadway out of as well. I will probably cut these into strips so that I can stagger the layout of the cobblestones 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.