Saturday 11 April 2020

#Lockdown modelling part two

So last night I opened the new pack of paintbrushes and squirted some black paint into a palette with the intention of starting to paint the Doctor Who figures from Warlord Games. I did paint a lot of the old Citadel Miniatures, Fine Art Casting and Harlequin in their time but it has been years since I painted any figures so I’m approaching them with a little trepidation.








I was just going to start with one pack of Gallifreyan Guards, but I had squirted more black paint than was needed, and rather than waste it I ended up starting to undercoat Ice Warriors, Sontarans, Vervoids and Autons. Fortunately they do have some very good painted examples shown on their website so I’ll be making good use of them as a guide when I get started on the main colours.

For more info on the Warlord figures visit their website, link at the bottom of the post. 


Hopefully when this lockdown is over they might release some new material as we’ve not had any new figures since the start of last year. They have made figures from both the current and the classic eras of the show, so let’s keep fingers crossed.




Some of my earlier figures, the Harlequins on a display shelf dad made for me at the time, and some of the larger Fine Art Casting range.








Warlord Games:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and suggestions are always welcome when they are related to the posts.
Comments are moderated to remove spam postings. Spam posting will NOT be tolerated.
Thanks DJK.